Vicki M Abernathy
141 Neese Drive Apt E15
Nashville, TN 37211
Hard working, exceptional Administrative Assistant with work ethic and a positive attitude.
Supported as many as 25 people at any given time while remaining an excellent steward of time and accomplishing all the tasks given. A diligent, cooperative team player who has excellent communication skills.
Vaco Staffing Solutions October 2015- present
Various Temporary Assignments
Processed credit card payments, data entry, file management, bank deposits, and receptionist
Companies include: Freeman Webb Property Management, Direct General Insurance Corporate Office, Care Spot, McAlpine Interiors
Peabody College at Vanderbilt University, Department of Special Education March 2014–May 2014
Administrative Assistant II
- Managed travel and calendar for Chair of the department
- Answered main department line and, assisting callers as needed, directed them to appropriate individuals
- Initiated processes for reimbursement of expenses
- Coordinated departmental events and monthly faculty meetings and recorded minutes
- Initiated work orders for repairs, managed off-site storage, and maintained conference room reservations
- Reconciled monthly ledger reports, reviewed and approved proposed expenditures to ensure compliance for 55 grants
- Reviewed and approved monthly timesheets for student positions
Vanderbilt University, Department of Physics and Astronomy August 2006–March 2014
Administrative Assistant I
- Supported one professor (50% of my time) and approximately 25 other professors and post doctorates.
- Handled all their reimbursements and travel expenses and arrangements including flight, car, and hotel for trips.
- Scheduled meetings
- Prepared two complicated annual reports utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel
- Updated the main professor’s resume’ (with talks, papers, and honors).
- Maintained calendars through Outlook.
- Screened emails and forwarded to appropriate parties.
- Assisted with reformation of policies regarding expense tracking that save the University substantial annual percentages.
Various temporary positions with Randstad and Vanderbilt Temporary Services May 2004- August 2006
- Vanderbilt- political science, admitting, nephrology, and event support planning at the law school
- National Seating and Mobility, Inc.- Performed insurance verification and scheduled appointments for clients who required mobility assistance, i. e. wheelchairs and scooters
- R. H. Boyd Publishing Company- Assisted the Marketing Manager with emails, filing, faxing, paperwork, office management and email screening
Healthcare Corporation of America December 1996- May 2004
Senior Contract Analyst
- Assured HIPPA compliance for vendors
- Performed Contract management, maintained an Access database of all IT contracts.
- Acted as liaison between HCA IT managers and 3 outside vendors for the Contractor Management process
- Responsible for clearing over $5 million in match exceptions
- Enabled payment to vendors.
- Responsible for the transition to the new HIPPA laws for over 300 vendors, tracking responses, and following up
- Master of Science in Education, Guidance and Counseling, Tennessee State University, Nashville, TN
- Bachelor of Science in Education, Recreation and Park Administration, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN