Ted Cinker - Director, Program Management
Director, Program Management & Commercialization
PMO DEVELOPMENT ● PROGRAM MANAGEMENT ● LEAN MANUFACTURING
Program management executive consultant with over 25 years of experience in strategic planning, business development, program management and Project Management Office (PMO) development. Record of excellence in regulatory and commercial manufacturing, residential & industrial construction, naval nuclear power plant construction and testing, and major facility construction and manufacturing line expansion programs in tire manufacturing industry. Leadership and vision developing and managing successful programs in multiple industries, driving schedule and cost performance metrics to exceed expectations, emphasizing efficient implementation, waste reduction, optimized processes, and well developed teams to achieve maximum success consistently, in a safety first environment.
Sr. Program Manager, Process Systems Development 2012-Present
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO-NA)
Senior program manager responsible for establishing and growing the project management team and methodology for Bridgestone’s North American Manufacturing Headquarters and Manufacturing Plants. Primary role as program manager for several very large scale new or expanding industrial manufacturing facility construction programs as well as many smaller scale projects. Improved departmental focus on business case identification, estimating, Return on Investment (ROI), feasibility studies, project prioritization and selection, and enterprise wide standardization of improved processes. Developed PMO office and created program management standard, procedures, processes, and associated forms and documentation by combining multiple existing corporate standards, engineering standards & processes, and PMI’s PMBOK into one document scalable to all types and sizes of project lifecycles encountered within the manufacturing group.
- Program Manager for three large scale tire facility renovation construction programs having a total value of $219 M, comprised of approximately 65 sub-projects, including site work, building construction, equipment, infrastructure, and systems. Implemented and standardized newly developed processes to improve forecasting, visibility, and change & risk mitigation for schedule, cost and scope across all programs.
- Program Management Team member for new green field facility having an approximate value of $900 M, comprised of approximately 250 sub projects, successfully coordinating construction and equipment installation teams to bring
facility start up schedule back in line while achieving substantial cost down through value engineering across all teams.
- Program manager for A&E Firm design and estimating of new green field facility valued at approximately $475 M, as well as several additional smaller sized programs.
- Created Bridgestone’s North American Manufacturing program management standard, processes, forms, and documents for corporate and North American Manufacturing facility roll out, with additional off continent rollout and training programs in development – successfully aligned the interests of multiple cultures and disciplines to reach agreement to content and processes.
- Created and directed development of program/project tracking database detailing key information and metrics for approx. 350 projects with customizable reporting and dash boards. Launched User Interface (UI) on Share Point platform, communicating with SAP, EPM, & departmental time tracking database.
- Directed feasibility and development for multiple engineering design concepts establishing business value, selection priority, implementation plan, and ultimately gaining funding approval.
- Acquired, led, and developed pool of project controls and project management experts, increasing adoption of standardized methodology and processes as well as professional certifications within the department, leading to improved departmental program management performance and audit success.
- Produced departmental monthly executive reporting, metrics, and evaluations.
Program Manager, Nuclear Division 2009-2012
Wright Industries Inc., A Doerfer Company
Program manager for multiple nuclear industry manufacturing projects. Responsible for all phases of project development and execution including proposals, design, engineering, manufacturing oversight, financial and schedule reporting, as well as customer relations and product delivery. Contributed to staff development through training, coaching, and evaluation.
- Design and manufacture of proprietary Independent Spent Fuel Storage Installation (ISFSI) spent fuel transport equipment for the nuclear power industry, serving multiple nuclear utilities for Constellation and Exelon ($2M)
- Design and manufacture of Cesium Ion Exchange Columns (NQA-1) in support of the Hanford Tank Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant for Bechtel National, Inc. ($5M)
- Manage manufacture of Build to Print Glove box assemblies and associated internal equipment for Babcock and Wilcox. ($3M)
- Managing manufacture of Mixed Oxide (MOX) Fuel Facility QL-1 Glove boxes (seven) and associated internal equipment while navigating voluminous change management challenges. Negotiating large scale financial recovery strategy raising project margin by double digits. ($11M)
- Improved NQA-1 regulatory project proposal content, upgrading the quality and detail level of the work plan and level 1 schedule to meet regulatory client (MOX Services) requirements. Produced highly rated proposal packages for Shaw Areva MOX Services MOX fuel facility NQA-1 projects on multiple occasions within a select group of companies, per client testimonial.
Owner, Business Unit Manager 1995 – 2009
Launched startup construction business, leveraging world class project management skills and employing a low overhead, change-adaptable business model. Produced unique custom assets for a variety of clients in several niche markets, earning exceptional customer satisfaction ratings. Responsibilities included market identification, acquisition, financial performance, contract negotiation, project management, project design, estimating, scheduling, purchasing, subcontracting, advertising, sales, and customer service.
- Coordinated company relocation, successfully converting business model to address and benefit from shifting market opportunities, achieving annual revenue growth of 300%.
- Achieved bid win percentage of 90%.
- Negotiated strategic supplier relationships reducing costs 40% for key component groups.
Naval Reactors (NAVSEA 08), US Navy, Officer (03) 1989–1995
Managed construction and testing of two aircraft carrier nuclear power plants (USS JOHN C. STENNIS CVN-74) and refueling of eight aircraft carrier nuclear power plants (USS ENTERPRISE CVN-65) resulting in on time delivery with zero defects. Effectively coordinated government, prime contractor (Westinghouse), and Newport News Shipbuilding engineering and construction personnel to increase efficiency and reduce cost.
- Developed high level of proficiency in technical writing, streamlined processes to increase efficiency and correct technical deficiencies.
- Adopted Naval Reactors core principles including attention to detail, and technical excellence.
- Maintained required security clearance essential to performing duties at Naval Reactors.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
2014 Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
2014 PMP Exam Preparation Course
2014 Project Management Training – Bridgestone NA Corporate Headquarters
2009 In house NQA-1 training at Wright Industries, A Doerfer Company
1994 Kepner Tregoe Decision Making Workshop
1993 Naval Reactors In-House Audit Training
1992 Bettis Reactor Engineering School (Masters equivalent – CONFIDENTIAL)
Westinghouse Bettis Atomic Power Laboratory
1991 US Navy Officer Indoctrination School
Newport, Rhode Island
1991 Bachelor of Science - Honors Degree with High Distinction - Aerospace Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
Member ASME, Project Management Institute (PMI)