Human Resources Business Partner
BRIAN C. SWARTZ, aPHR
U.S. Army Veteran that is highly organized; a take charge Human Resources professional with 30 years of enriching work experience in various disciplines. Strong problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to develop and implement effective action plans. A team leader, providing motivation and training, by example. Dedication to successfully completing the job right the first time.
RELATED CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING:
Associate Professional in Human Resources (aPHR) – HRCI (5/16 – 8/19)
ITIL 2011 Foundations Certified
OSHA 511 Standards
OSHA Record Keeping
Primary Leadership Development
First Aid/CPR/AED (3/12 – 3/18)
Occupational Health and Safety
OSHA Compliant Training
OSHA Record Keeping
JIRA Project Management
Microsoft Office Suites
GRIFFIN TECHNOLOGY August 2011 - Present
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST August 2014 – Present
- Develop trust and effective employee relations with all positions.
- Process Employee Payroll and Benefits.
- Administer Workers' Compensation, Short/Long Term Disability and FMLA.
- Develop environment to facilitate Team Work and grow Leadership.
- Administer employee on boarding and exit process.
- Process, Investigate Grievances and provide Conflict Resolution among employee's.
- Communicate company policy and procedures to all employees.
- Develop, Implement and manage the warehouse Safety program.
- Lead and train the warehouse Safety Committee.
- Work with warehouse managers to establish safe workspace planning.
- Review and Ensure Safe work habits and processes per OSHA Regulations.
- 30% reduction in accidents year over year with implemented training and safety habits.
- Manage Employee and OSHA records.
- Assist Facility Manager with Vendor Relations.
- Maintain Fleet Equipment Records.
Corporate Support Manager August 2012 – August 2014
- Interview and recommend Corporate Support candidates for hire.
- Mentored and successfully trained team members for successful career development.
- Develop, implement and train team to complete all technical on boarding training.
- Negotiated with the Finance Department to provide corporate solutions within budget.
- Establish, Negotiate and Maintain Vendor relations and contracts.
- Manage Corporate Support Team schedules, reviews, projects and workloads.
- Implemented company wide Mobile Device Management system.
- Supported IT and desktop needs of a 350+ employee global organization including: Sales, Graphic and Web Design, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, Product and Package Development and Warehouse Distribution.
- Manage and Maintain Asset tracking, Software licensing.
- Efficiently managed all request tickets for organization in a timely manner.
Junior Systems Administrator August 2011 – August 2012
- Support and Maintain End User Systems.
- Troubleshoot Enterprise Systems for resolution or escalation.
STRATEGY CORPS, LLC.
Network Manager December 2009 – April 2011
- 24/7 Support for three partner companies as Network Manager.
- Implemented and administrated new VMware servers for internal users and customer facing Websites.
- Designed, installed and administrated new VoIP phone system.
- Third tier support for a mixed Mac and Windows Workstations, Mobile device and multiple Server environments.
- Trained team members to support employee’s technical issues.
- Facility Management and Vendor Relations.
APEX SOLUTIONS, INC.,
Owner/Human Resources January 2006 – December 2009
- Completed all on boarding, payroll, scheduling, training and off boarding of all employees.
- Recruited, interviewed and hired all employees.
- Employee management and mentoring to provide project oversight and customer service while meeting deadlines of service for project scope.
- Developed and provided client training and support to ensure proper use and operation of systems and to help develop long-term relationships.
- Grew the gross sales from $30 000 to $120 000 within the first year of ownership with growth to $240K by end of the 3rd year.
- Solution provider of customer projects with keen understanding of individual business requirements while managing budgetary guidelines provided by customer.
- Presentation of accurate communication of scope of work to provide best scenario to meet the needs of the customer.
- Provided direct and remote systems support for various hardware (x86/64 servers, laptops, desktops) and operating systems (Windows Small Business Server, Exchange Server, Vista, XP, Mac and ancillary software).
PRIVATE BUSINESS INCORPORATED (PBI),
Systems Administrator December 1999 - January 2006
- Reduced expenditures for disaster recovery & business continuity by an estimated cost of $24000 per year by implementing and refining new DR/BC plans with better recovery processes, data recovery and storage, facility power management, and vendor relations throughout the enterprise.
- Served as a Corporate Server Administrator, providing support, development, and integration of internal systems.
- Assisted in maintaining SAS70 compliance through the implementation of policies and procedures.
- Reviewed and upheld policy procedures and changes for network and file security.
- Worked hand in hand with other departments to ensure communication of changes and maintenance of systems.
- PBX/Voice system management.
- Team oriented technical service provider for in-house computer and network repair.
ROBERT ORR/SYSCO Distributer,
Customer Liaison December 1994 – December 1999
- Managed 100 -150 accounts with direct customer sales liaison to cost, purchase, and stock with delivery.
- Managed inventory of 20 - 30 accounts daily with an average caseload of 800 to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Reported logistical issues to management improving efficiency of deliveries, resulting in approximately a 10% increase in productivity.
- Operated Forklifts, manual and powered pallet Jacks.
Route Sales & Delivery August 1993 – November 1994
- Managed 60 accounts as direct customer sales liaison to cost, purchase, and stock with delivery.
- Managed inventory of 60 accounts daily with a 35% increase of caseloads within the first 3 months of managing the route.
- Directed display coordination that increased location sales by 15% year after year while managing the route.
UNITED STATES ARMY:
Cavalry Scout - E-4/Corporal August 1988 – July 1994
- Promotion to Junior Non-Commissioned Officer.
- · Team member development and training.
- · Expert in detail assessment and intuitive discernment to read environmental and situational influences.
- Directed subordinates in routine duties and achieving career advancement goals.
- Received Presidential Awards and Achievement Medals for exceptional service and safety.
Western Governors University
Bachelors of Science – Human Resource Management
Planned Graduation Date – December 2018