106 Holly Forest
Nashville, TN 37221
PURCHASING AND INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
Results oriented. Extensive experience in supply management. Key strengths are purchasing management, inventory management and mentoring cross-functional teams, analyzing and implementing best practices, and interacting with and supporting internal customers.
Additional experience in the implementation and management of replenishment and inventory programs, including Kanban and vendor managed inventory (VMI) program implementations.
Energy Developments, Inc., Nashville, TN 2015
Purchased equipment, parts, supplies, equipment repair work for eight (8) domestic locations. Maintained purchasing records and purchase variance reports.
Werthan Packaging, Inc., Nashville & White House, TN 2000 – 2015
Managed procurement process for adhesives, corrugate, UV coatings, inks, packaging films, MRO items, converting kraft, printing paper, equipment rental, capital purchases, services, supplier selection and management, department and materials expense budgets, and purchasing agreements and contracts.
- Re-created purchasing department.
- Mentored and provided direction to a demand planner and a buyer.
- Managed material supply chains comprised of domestic and international sources; $30,000,000 and sixteen suppliers.
- Secured annual raw material cost reductions; $250,000 - $900,000.
- Achieved 98% on time supplier deliveries and 99.5% supplier quality compliance by implementing supplier performance metrics.
- Sourced new materials and suppliers for products developed for market introduction.
- Negotiated and managed the purchase and sale of capital equipment; $800,000 purchase of two production lines and $50,000 sale of a retired production line.
- Provided analysis on material sourcing and trend analysis, and assistance in annual strategic planning activities to executive management.
- Reduced waste removal service and scrap materials recycling annual costs from $150,000 to $60,000.
Inventory responsibilities consisted of consignment inventory, supplier managed inventory,
Kanban inventory, cycle counting, and inventory expense.
- Implemented Kanban replenishment and vendor managed inventory (VMI) programs.
- Trained company and supplier personnel on Kanban.
- Reduced average material inventory valuation from $1,800,000 to $1,200,000 (33%) and increased inventory turns from 8 to 22; all-time company best.
- Lead cross functional and multi-department teams to increase inventory turns and reduce material inventory valuation to below $1,000,000 to achieve 98% inventory accuracy.
Chattem, Inc., Chattanooga, TN 1999 â€‘ 2000
Senior Purchasing Agent
- Responsibilities included raw materials and rigid packaging components purchasing.
Standard Register Company, Nashville, TN 1995 â€‘ 1999
Implemented materials supply chains and supplier managed inventory programs at customer locations nationwide.
- Supervised implementation specialist and local sales representatives (during implementation activities).
- Interfaced with sales, customer service, legal, MIS, internal /external manufacturing sources and customer’s engineering, manufacturing, operations, and purchasing departments.
Cumberland Swan, Inc., Smyrna, TN 1989 â€‘1995
Purchasing Agent, MRO Buyer, Shipping Supervisor
- Purchased corrugated items, point of purchase displays, outsourced labels, printing paper and chemicals.
- Promoted from Shipping Supervisor to MRO Buyer, to Purchasing Agent.
Swiss Made Foods / Campbell’s Soup Company, Smyrna, TN 1986 â€‘1989
Purchasing Agent, Warehouse Supervisor
- Responsible for purchasing and inventory management of raw materials, packaging, and MRO items.
- Promoted from Warehouse Supervisor to Purchasing Agent.
Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, TN 1993
Bachelor of Science, Industrial Management
Outstanding Senior in Industrial Studies Award recipient
Nashville State Technical Institute, Nashville, TN 1984
A.E.T., Industrial Engineering,
Honor Graduate Award recipient
Educational goals were achieved while maintaining full-time employment.