3201 Leawood Dr., Nashville, TN 37218 ♦ H: 615.775-3351 – M 615.780.0025 ♦ email@example.com
v Career-oriented professional with medical records management expertise and an unceasing desire to provide value-added outcomes for clients seeking mutually rewarding opportunities with a dynamic healthcare firm.
v Quality-focused with outstanding attention to detail and works well under pressure.
v Capable of developing productive working relationships with clients, co-workers and management.
v Possesses extensive knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems, typing 55 wpm.
KEY MEDICAL SKILLS
Introduction to Medical Assisting • Medical Terminology • Medical Transcription • Medical Billing • Medical Law & Ethics • Medical Record Management • HIPAA • Patient Processing and Accessing • Electronic Health Records • Electronic Medical Records • Human Pharmacology • Medical Office Procedures with Software Applications • Office Accounting • Principals of Management Computer Information Systems • Interpersonal Professional Communication • Insurance Verification • Pathophysiology for Medical Office • Anatomy & Physiology • Health Care Coding
Ultimate Medical Academy – Tampa, FL 4/2013
Medical Administrative Assistant (GPA: 4.0)
Courses Included: Introduction to Medical Administrative Assisting, Principles of Management and Information Systems, Medical Law & Ethics, Records Management, Accounting, Medical Practice Management Systems, Medical Terminology and Transcription, Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, Medical Coding I, Medical Coding II, Anatomy & Physiology for Allied Health Profession.
Remington College – Nashville, TN Associates Degree in Criminal Justice 10/2010
National College of Business & Technology – Nashville, TN 5/2008
Medical Billing & Coding, Pharmacy Technician, Medical Office Specialist
MEDICAL WORK HISTORY
MEDICAL RECORDS 1/2007 – 2/2007
Nashville Gastroenterology Consultants PC – Nashville, TN
- Assembled, verified, typed and filed medical records for easier access by senior medical personnel, while preparing folders and maintaining records of newly admitted patients.
- Reviewed medical records for completeness, placed records into standard order and filed in designated areas according to applicable alphabetic and numeric filing system.
2/2015 – 4/2015
Quality Staffing, Cigna HealthSpring Nashville TN
- Maintained spreadsheets
- Informed healthcare providers of availability or unavailability of medical records
- Gathered patient information by collecting demographic information from a variety of sources; interacting with registration areas and physician offices; retrieving information from automated printer
- Scan/fax documents
- Attended regular meetings
- Served and protected the hospital/healthcare community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and JCAHO standards
- Maintained patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential.
DATA ENTRY/HOSPITAL SUPPLY 4/1985 – 5/1985
Summit Medical Center/Donelson Hospital – Hermitage, TN
- Compiled, sorted and verified the accuracy of data before it is entered.
- Compared data with source documents, and re-entered data in verification format to detect errors.
- Stored completed documents in appropriate locations.
Dr. Kelli Turner, DDS - Nashville, TN 7/2013 – 8/2013
- Answer multi-line phone system
- Schedule appointments, answer patient inquiries
- Greeted patients, scan documents, pull patient charts, assisted administrative medical assistant.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN EXTERN
Kroger Pharmacy, Nashville TN 6/2007 -10/2007
- Fill bottles with prescribed medications and type and affix labels
- Answer phones, responding to questions/requests
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs
Dollar Tree – Madison, TN 5/2012 – 6/2013
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements, while creating a positive atmosphere by greeting and providing a pleasant, friendly shopping experience.
- Accurately and efficiently ring on registers maintaining all cash and media.
United Methodist Agencies – Nashville, TN 3/1986 – 4/1986
- Answered telephones, directed calls and relayed messages.
- Communicated with members of congregations, answering questions, disseminating or explaining information, taking orders, and addressing complaints.
Global Travel—Maitland, FL 9/2013 – 9/2014
- Booked plane tickets, hotels, cruises, car rental from home on commission basis. Answer customers’ inquiries about travel
- Worked closely with director/owner
AmTemps Staffing/Two Men And A Truck – Nashville, TN
6/2015 – 8/2015
- Handle in-coming calls from customers requesting moving services.
- Transfer orders to dispatch department.
MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK
Cameron Staffing/Tennessee Women’s Care – Nashville, TN
9/2015 – 12/2015
- Filed paperwork in patient charts.
- Created folders for new patients.
- Responsible for safeguarding patient records.
- Perform other clerical tasks such as answering phones, faxing, scanning.
- Department errands.